Wednesday, December 20, 2006

Let the Gr$$neri Prevail everywhere



Flash back to 1982: Time Magazine selected Computer as "Machine of the Year"


Today: Dec 18, 2006: Time Magazine selects "You" as Person of Year.


I've one more reason to give a pat on my back (I usually love to have such reason around)...


I remember my first little crush on "C" in FE Computer Lab, arrival of my PC in my hostel room I-118, my infatuations with 8085/86 Assembly in Microprocessor Lab ... first time I used net in 1999...first time I used MS-Word in my HOD's cabin in 1999 ... time flies so fast ...the word software got swept under carpet even faster... it is IT now.. Software is a nerdy word whereas IT is a sleeker and Gr$$ner version of it...!


I am not the first one to say that IT is a revolution, but then you know, we have had our revolutions... but none of the revolutions created wealth for almost everbody who was a part of it no matter how remotely.


Wealth creation reminds me of "Grass on the other side" syndrome... brush your shoulders with tens of thousands of guys in the same rank... do almost same kinda work ... produce almost same kinda output ... chase same kinda dreams...and get same kinda paycheck...! Want a delta in at least the paycheck thing... make a SWITCH...have green and make grin! (So bad alliteration!)


Anyway my point is, let us behave like a good "Person of the year" and wish gr$$neri prevail everywhere... welcome to your Everywhere Evergreen Everlasting world!

No comments: